We’re looking for Kilkenny ladies who are taking part in this year’s 2016 VHI Women’s Mini Marathon (and who may have a soft spot for animals) to help us to raise funds to support vital animal welfare work in Kilkenny City & County!
Please don’t delay and join Team Kilkenny SPCA today for the VHI Womens Mini Marathon on 6th June 2016 at 2.00pm. Together we will walk, jog and run to make a difference to help the animals that need us!
How to join Team Kilkenny SPCA for the VHI Women’s Mini Marathon:
Step 1 Register with the official marathon organisers to participate in the women’s mini marathon which can be completed on-line www.vhiwomensminimarathon.ie from February 17th 2016 until they reach the maximum number of entries.
Step 2 Contact Ciara at email@example.com
Phone 056 – 7771635
Mob – 089 – 8172167
Remember any amount no matter how small will help animals in our care and those that need our help.
The VHI Women’s Mini Marathon is on Bank Holiday Monday, 6th June 2016 at 2.00pm
Registration for the VHI Womens Mini Marathon will open on 17th February 2016. You can find more information on the VHI Womens Mini Marathon website.
We really need your help ladies! Please Sign up to help animals now.
Set up your fundraising page for the VHI Women’s Mini Marathon with Just Giving and share your fundraising page with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. Help us to raise money and support the animals we work with suffering from cruelty and neglect in Kilkenny city & county.
Our aim is to improve the welfare of all animals, domestic and wild. Just some of the work we carry out includes:
– Inspection of reported cases of cruelty and advising local Gardai
– Providing shelter for animals in distress, including wild animals and birds
– Attending accidents involving animals and providing relief as necessary
– Helping to rehome animals
– Helping owners to find lost animals
– Providing a subsidised neutering scheme (between 1/3rd of the cost off)
– Promoting education on animal welfare.
Set up to promote the welfare of all animals – both domestic and wild – it was originally founded in 1882 by the Marchioness of Ormonde. The first meeting took place in Kilkenny Castle on the 25th of April 1882. It became a registered charity in 1937. It is staffed by volunteers and relies on the support and assistance of volunteer, sponsorship and donations, fundraising and membership contributions in order to survive.
So you have decided on your charity and now you want to raise money! As if the Vhi Women’s Mini Marathon isn’t enough here are some additional ways to help raise some EXTRA cash!
- Get your friends and family involved
- Bonus sponsorship for hitting different milestone times e.g. finish under x time
- Sponsor per mile or per minute
- Wearing fancy dress
- Follow your journey via social media
- Offer to walk neighbours/friends dog for a fee while training!!
- Organise lunch time walks – pay as you go!
- Video training for the event and post to social media
- Raise money by organising a training group with friends
- Host a Vhi Women’s Mini Marathon PRE event BBQ
- Ask for a donation instead of presents
- Hold an event at your workplace to highlight what you are doing!
- Organise fun events with family and friends before the event e.g. egg and spoon race, mini mini marathon around the estate/local area etc.
- Ask for sponsorship from local business for your charity
- Talks and demonstrations – e.g. book readings, cookery demonstrations
- Sell unwanted gifts or clutter
- Host a Vhi Women’s Mini Marathon POST event celebration party
Spread the Word
Social media is a powerful tool to help you raise even more money for your charity by letting people know what you are doing. Use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Pinterest to raise the profile of what you are doing and encourage people to donate money to your cause. Some things you can do to help spread the word
Share the news when you have entered online
Share posts from the Vhi Women’s Mini Marathon Facebook and Twitter
When training share an update on your social media
Post pictures following your training
Post videos of your training journey
Set up a fundraising page using online tools
Remind people regularly that you are raising money
Click here to visit the Womens Mini Marathon Website